Required Skills :
- Linux System Administrator
- Responsible for setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of complex Linux environments (e.g., clustering, high availability, load balancing, etc.).
- Participate in the support and implementation of Linux based applications and middleware products.
- Ensure proper configuration and security on all server environments.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure stability and optimal performance on all server environments.
- Responsible for keeping management up to date on any outstanding production related issues.
- Participate in On Call rotation and provide after hours support as needed.
- Perform other support activities as required including but not limited to:
- Hardware and infrastructure installation and configuration
- Third party application support
- In-depth UNIX background (Redhat Linux 5.x)
- High Availability, Load Balancing, and Disaster Recovery
- Shell Scripting
- Troubleshooting complex issues
- Ability to install and manage multiple application environments.
- Knowledge of Intel Server hardware
- Networking background
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good project management
- Ability to assimilate new technologies and manage change.
- Ability to work with developers and end users in a professional manner to resolve business critical problems.
- Database background Oracle 11g RAC
- Shell Scripting
The individual must be enrolled in a College or University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical field.
Avaya - 14 months ago
Avaya helps to tie the corporate world together. The company's communication equipment and software integrate voice and data services...