About Cane Bay
Cane Bay is a technology-forward, successful early stage growth company in the international financial services world, specializing in online product delivery.
Founded in 2009 by two international business executives and a solid leadership team with extensive experience, Cane Bay has grown dramatically over its first four years and is poised for immediate, explosive growth.
To help fuel this growth, Cane Bay is now adding a Marketing executive to its ranks.
Based in beautiful, sunny St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, the team at Cane Bay promotes a work life balance that exemplifies hard work, high performance, and remarkable results.
We have a deep appreciation for the areas natural resources and our team members personal and professional goals.
Beyond the beautiful, postcard-like views from the office, working at Cane Bay includes perks such as a business casual environment, free breakfast and lunch daily for all team members prepared daily by an on-site nutritionist, top tier benefits, a pension plan, and much more!
Our team members have every natural resource right outside our office doors to enjoy
Come work at Cane Bay and enjoy island living in beautiful St. Croix, USVI!
The Director of Marketing is the most senior Marketing position and will work from our headquarter office located in St. Croix, USVI.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Marketing will work closely
with the founding partners of the company and other executives to determine company's goals and objectives for
acquiring new customers for its clients. This position will be charged with the planning and implementation of both short and long term marketing strategies, targeted toward existing and new markets. Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to execute advanced strategies in search engine optimization (SEO), pay per click advertising (PPC), display advertising, email marketing, lead selling, business development for new partners and channels, and list management.
Daily activities of this high level position also include but are not limited to; managing marketing staff and activities, maintaining prioritized list of projects and initiatives, essential reporting on campaign performance and results, managing advertising spending budgets, managing relationships with key outside vendors, maximizing lead selling and monetization opportunities, managing existing channels and developing new ones, and monitoring and troubleshooting issues that affect marketing system performance.
Organic advertising activities (SEO, PPC, and display) include but are not limited to:
keyword identification and optimization, analyzing and optimizing website content including generating new content, determining performance and optimizing specific keyword performance, managing all keyword bidding to maximize ROI, deploying new websites with specific keyword and content optimization strategies, documenting changes made, keeping stakeholders informed of actions taken, formulating and managing advertising spending budgets, and analyzing and reporting results.
Other duties include
identifying areas of improvement for monitoring the satisfaction of the companys current and returning customers.
The ideal candidate must be highly organized, understand business drivers, and possess effective communication skills and be comfortable in a player/coach role. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with top-tier search engines and other advertising channels is a must.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for building and leading the companys marketing team, with accountability for the overall satisfaction of the companys existing, new and returning customers.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, oversees and executes strategic marketing plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services, inclusive of recommendations to executive management on product positioning and competitive pricing strategies.
- Drive organic traffic and lead generation through the development of SEO, Content Marketing, PPC, and display advertising strategies to maximize opportunities for generating leads.
- Manage tactical SEO initiatives including on-site optimizations, keyword analysis, content creation and marketing, link-building, site auditing and competitive analysis.
- Create and implement pioneering search methods and technologies.
- Stay on top of ever changing SEO landscape and trends to align strategy and actions with business goals.
- Lead and prioritize all SEO projects including site architecture, content and linking projects.
- Define metrics and measures for SEO success and reporting.
- Manage team of on page/off page specialists and content producers.
- Plans and oversees promotional activities via both electronic and physical media
- Manage optimization of internal and external marketing websites
- Competitive intelligence: analyze highly indexed sites to determine new SEO strategies.
- Utilize bid management tools and data modeling to maximize the effectiveness of PPC campaigns.
- Develops and manages marketing operating budgets.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends, ensuring effective control of market results. Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines.
- Meets with key vendors and maintains responsibility for vendor negotiations closing deals including attending marketing conferences and shows.
- Adept at preparing market forecasts and conducting market research in the areas of proposed client/customer base expansion.
Essential Experience and Education
- 10+ years marketing experience inclusive of
5+ Years direct SEO and content marketing experience
- Proven track record of delivering results through search engine optimization techniques
- Direct experience in a content marketing role with proven results
- Expert understanding of search engine optimization both on page and off
- Experience with SEO applications, tools, and web analytics packages
- Experience managing SEO staff
- Demonstrated in-depth marketing techniques and financial principals
- Strong Knowledge in Google Adwords, Bing, and other popular search engines
- Experience in consumer finance, financial services and/or lending, or sub-prime products is a plus!!
- Understanding & experience with business processes and lending models
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and resources in a deadline-driven environment
- Bachelor's Degree:
Business, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or related field
Career.VI - 10 months ago