Branson Ultrasonics, a business unit of Emerson Industrial Automation, is currently seeking an Applications Development Engineer in Danbury, Connecticut.
Provide Technical Expertise, support and problem solving capabilities for Branson customer base, both domestic and international, in order to maintain and generate additional business.
- Analyze and evaluate customer applications for ultrasonic assembly. Assist with recommending equipment tooling and part design modifications for rigid plastics applications, textile and film processing.
- Provide application troubleshooting support both in-house and in the field.
- Conduct customer visits to provide technical information or solve customer problems.
- Provide verbal/written technical communications (i.e., application briefs, technical bulletins).
- Branson Personnel
- Industry groups, Resin suppliers
- Assist in training for customers and new employees through in-house seminars, field seminars and lab training programs.
- Provide new product development support and evaluation.
Education : BS Mechanical Engineering
Skills / Technical Knowledge / Experience : Minimum of 3 years experience in plastics joining applications lab technology. Problem solving/analytical skills, Technical writing skills, Interpersonal and public speaking skills. Good mechanical drafting aptitude. Working knowledge of CAD softwares. Plastics knowledge, plastic assembly techniques. Self-Starter.
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...