Assistant Scientist II - Insectary-1301493
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
BASF Agricultural Solutions, located in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina is headquarters for the BASF Crop Protection Products NAFTA Division, BASF Plant Sciences L.L.C., BASF Global Insecticide Research and BASF Global Agricultural Development.
We are seeking an enthusiastic team player to work as part of the Insect & Plant Propagation team in the new BASF multi-species Insectary. Responsibilities include rearing a variety of insects on plants and artificial diet; collecting data on insect quality and environmental conditions; regulary reporting the status of insect colonies; assisting with special projects; supporting team members and internal customers to ensure research needs are met; and keeping clean, safe and orderly rearing areas. Weekend and holiday work will be required on a rotational basis.
***This position is not eligible for relocation benefits***
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- A high school diploma or equivalent or AAS degree with minimum 2 years experience rearing insects - OR - a BS degree with minimum 1 year experience rearing insects.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Team oriented.
- Good observational skills.
- Able to work on weekends and holidays on a rotational basis.
- Computer experience with business software.
- Degree in entomology or relevant biological science.
- Work experience in a multi-species rearing facility.
- Experience in insect pathology.
- Experience with a variety of insect-rearing techniques.
- Intermediate-level experience with MS Excel.
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Research Triangle Pa
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: APR-Global Research