Responsible for the optimization of the process associated with latex manufacturing through process review, evaluation, and challenge.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and/or assist PFMEA activities.
- Provide leadership in troubleshooting process failures and implement controls.
- Provide leadership in implementation of SPC and Six Sigma and provide training where needed.
- Lead and/or coordinate activities to determine correlation between scrap and process parameters.
- Develop, monitor, and/or control activities around statistical process control.
- Review and approve ECR’s in areas of responsibility.
- Lead projects and develop AFR’s for processes that require improvement.
- Lead and/or assist CAPA activities.
- Review processes for improvement opportunities.
- Utilize problem-solving techniques through team activity to identify key areas within each process opportunity.
- Coordinate process validation protocols and/or Design of Experiments to challenge each manufacturing process.
- Develop tools to monitor process and to maintain control and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Assist in the improvement of pre-determined scrap limits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related scientific field (Course in Statistics required).
• 5 years technical experience in natural latex or related dipping desired.
• Six Sigma and SPC training and experience required.
• Lean Manufacturing experience highly desired.
• Minimum 2 years experience with project management.
• Good organizational, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills required.
• Good written and verbal communications skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands or arms (to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls). The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee occasionally works with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- The Personal Protective Equipment required to perform this job safely includes safety glasses and appropriate shoes. The employee would occasionally use ear plugs.
C. R. Bard - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...