The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants is the national, professional association of CPAs, with approximately 386,000 members, including CPAs in business and industry, public practice, government, and education; student affiliates; and international associates. We set ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for audits of private companies; federal, state and local governments; and non-profit organizations. We also develop and grade the Uniform CPA Examination.
Senior Manager, Strategy - Temporary
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us.
The Senior Manager— Strategy is a member of the People, Strategy and Innovation team. The senior manager is responsible for oversight of day-to-day execution of the strategy and the various work streams in a consolidated/aligned consulting team matrix. The senior manager will work with senior executives to manage a strategy project from start through transition to the business owner. The senior manager will ensure the execution of analytics and other key processes, manage the development of organization-wide and business unit strategies, evaluate strategic initiatives, and manage the team of Analysts and Market Research personnel. The manager will serve as a strategic advisor and assist in the commitment to organizational excellence.
Manage collection, analysis, and utilization of market research/strategic intelligence for decision making
- Work as part of an internal consulting team to develop Institute and business unit strategies and identify key initiatives to drive implementation and appropriate ROIs.
- As part of the strategy team, manage a strategy project from start through transition to the business owner.
- Work closely with the business owner to identify appropriate strategies and communicate objectives. Effectively build and manage consensus while assisting in the resolution of barriers to success.
- Oversee day-to-day execution of the strategy and the various work streams and frameworks.
- Manage portions of projects and development of deliverable content.
- Identify solutions, frameworks and methodologies to address specific project needs.
- Mange content development for executive level presentations and reports.
- Act as strategic advisor to business owner and team regarding strategy, process, and data analytics. Working with the business owner, create an efficient and effective governance framework that includes forward-looking risk management, effective change management, strong issue management, and efficient use of resources.
Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Ensure analytics and other key processes are successfully executed.
- Manage the team of Analysts and Market Research personnel to ensure that research and analysis identifies environmental issues/trends.
- Manage the development of recommendations and build consensus on a strategic direction.
- Manage the collection of data from internal (e.g., Finance, Member Value, Innovation) and external sources including development of research hypotheses, interview guides and surveys.
- Ensure synthesis of results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends or recommendations.
- Define and standardize quality objectives and key metrics across organization.
- Manage the Market Research staff in the creation and streamlining of the internal data collection process to track and validate organizational metrics and customer, member, and workforce statistics.
- Drive organizational process to standardize quality objectives and key metrics across the organization.
- Manage and drive organizational 3-year strategy development and annual planning and reporting.
- Leading and Managing Change
- Commitment to Quality
- Business Mindedness
- Service Orientation
- Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Thinking/Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- People Management
- Project/Program Management
- MBA required.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of experience in corporate or business unit strategy or strategy practice of a consulting firm.
- Knowledge/experience with the accounting profession highly preferred.
- Strong strategy experience through all phases of strategy development, strong technical skills and critical thinking.
- Strong customer focus, communication, presentation, facilitation and writing skills.
- Strong program and people skills to lead multiple cross-functional teams.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access and Mindmap (preferred)
Please respond via our website at www.aicpa.org/careers and post your resume directly online with us. You can upload your resume and cover letter directly via our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AICPA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
AICPA - 2 years ago