1. Undergraduate student in good standing.
2. Ability to commit to a set schedule.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Passion for and belief in the power of technology-enhanced pedagogy.
6. Familiarity with Mac and/or PC platforms.
1. Experience using and/or supporting Moodle 2.0
2. Experience using Web 2.0 technologies such as blogs, wikis, and Google Docs/Spreadsheets.
3. Experience using clickers, ChimeIn and mobile computing devices such as iPhones in an educational context.
Successful completion of a Background Verification check is required.
The IST team will provide the following services as part of the larger TEL (Technology Enhanced Learning) team:
50% Respond to instructor support needs by handling service desk tickets, answering emails and telephone calls, and when needed, by going directly to the instructor's office to provide real-time direct support of common good instructional technologies.
40% Provide production support for Course Conversion and Course Transformation projects, such as: Digitize paper course materials, Put digital materials online into Moodle or media repositories, Create online quizzes, Set up course grade books in Moodle, Set up online collaboration tools, including Google Sites, blogs, wikis, or LMS-based collaboration tools.
10% Develop video or print-based support materials.
Our mission in CLA-OIT is to support and enhance research, instruction, and administrative efficiency in the College of Liberal Arts by identifying and providing effective and cost-conscious technology solutions.
The undergraduate Instructional Support Technicians (ISTs) support this mission by assisting instructional staff in putting course materials online and assisting instructors with phone, email, and at-your-desk support for common good U of M and CLA-supported instructional technologies.
Please apply through the U of M employment system.
NOTE: This position is for UNDERGRADUATE students only!
Does this position require a background check?