Provide troubleshooting support for hardware, software, and connectivity issues at the desktop and over the telephone to all Union staff.
- Password re-sets and unlock LAN accounts
- Provide front-line support by answering, escalating/resolving, and documenting calls and e-mails to the Help Desk.
- Recommend constructive improvements to procedures and support/train end users on the use of Union-wide software applications.
- Participate in and/or manage the implementation of new systems and upgrades and contribute in developing new solutions to frequently occurring problems.
- Provides local and remote technical support including, but not limited to:
- Remote access support (VPN)
- Computer peripherals installation
- Outlook e-mail archiving
- Monitor client's personal drive space utilization; walk clients through deleting or archiving files
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, systems software, and network problems
- Install and configure software and hardware on workstations
- Manage projects adhering to established guidelines
- Conduct needs analysis, evaluate hardware and software and recommend solution.
- Prepare system and network documentation
Experience with and Strong knowledge of IT practices.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, Associate'sØ degree in Information Systems, Computer Sciences, a related field, or equivalent education required.
- Minimum 3 years technical support specialist experience required, such as Help Desk/ IT Remote Support/ Systems Operator.
- Demonstrated knowledge and working experience of computers, hardware troubleshooting, and Windows Desktop OS.
- Strong MS Office application knowledge.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems utilizing systematic and methodical problem solving skills with the ability to recognize when additional assistance is needed and/or advisable.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral andØ written, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate technical issuesØ in terms understood by both technical and non-technical end users.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Ability to interface with all functions and at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to take initiative and follow-through on assignments to logical and final solution.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this title. They do not include all job duties performed by employees in the title and every position does not necessarily require the same duties.