Transportation Security Officer at Lakeland Linder Regional Airport (LAL)
Part-time Vacancy Announcement
See yourself in a vital role. Be part of a dynamic security team protecting airports and skies as you proudly secure your future.
At TSA, we act swiftly and with integrity to:
Please read all of the announcement to ensure that you meet the qualifications, understand the key requirements and are able to perform the physically demanding duties of this job.
- Discover and stop emerging transportation security threats, utilizing state of the art technology
- Educate and provide friendly customer service to travelers
- Screen passengers and gather intelligence
- Coordinate security involving aviation, rail, and other surface and maritime transportation
- Oversee most transportation-related responsibilities of the federal government during a national emergency
TSOs MUST be willing and able to:
- Repeatedly lift and carry up to 70 pounds;
- Continuously stand between one (1) to four (4) hours without a break to carry out screening functions;
- Walk up to two (2) miles during a shift;
- Communicate with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries in a professional and courteous manner;
- Maintain focus and awareness and work within a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery, and people, distractions, time pressure, disruptive and angry passengers, and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction; and,
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
You will perform a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft. As a TSO, you may be required to perform passenger screening, baggage screening or both. You are expected to perform all of these duties in a courteous and professional manner. The principal duties and responsibilities include the following:
Part-time with Full-time Federal benefits Paid, ongoing training
- Perform security screening:
- Of persons, including tasks such as: hand-wanding (which includes the requirement to reach and wand the individual from the floor to over head), pat-down searches, and monitoring walk-through metal detector screening equipment
- Of property, including the operation of x-ray machines to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers; and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft
- Control entry and exit points
- Continuously improve security screening processes and personal performance through training and development
Schedule Alternatives for Part-time Positions: You could be required to work any of the schedules listed below. Specific work shifts and schedules will be determined by the airport.
Part-time (16-25) hours per week. Part-time work hours for this position consists of shift-work on any day from Sunday through Saturday, which may include irregular hours, nights, holidays, overtime, extended shifts and weekend shifts, changing shifts, and split shifts. Part-time split shift is defined as any two shifts, lasting at least two (2) hours each, in one 24-hour period with a break of at least two (2) hours between shifts. Exceptions - shifts to support morning, midday, and afternoon / evening operations.
Discover the Benefits of Serving America
You'll receive competitive compensation and all Federal benefits, including a variety of health insurance options, life and long-term care insurance, paid time off, portable thrift savings plan, flexible spending account, retirement plan, flexible work schedules, career development and enrichment training, employee recognition program and more.
U.S. Citizenship Required. TSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply online at https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov or call 1.877.872.7990.
TampaBayHelpWanted.com - 4 years ago
No, you don't have to remove your shoes to view this record (unless you really want to). Charged with protecting the nation's...