The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, California and your community!
The California National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the California National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Upon acceptance of a military technician position Soldiers who are currently receiving a military Reenlistment/Extension Bonus (REB) or GI Bill-SR Kicker may lose incentive eligibility and may be subject to termination or suspension of incentive (includes indefinite and temporary technicians on assignment for more than 180 days in any continuous 12-month period).
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ALL SOURCES: (Applicants who are NOT currently a member of the California National Guard (CNG) must become a member of a compatible unit of assignment within the CNG commensurate with the military grade listed in this announcement prior to federal assignment)
Military grade of E3 Through E6
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive May Be authorized upon approval of National Guard Bureau, if it is in the best interest of the Government
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS ) is NOT authorized, based on determination that PCS move is not in the Government best interest.
Position Requires Travel :
Some, 1 to 5 days per month
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Compatible Military Assignments: AFSC 2T2X1
THIS IS AN INDEFINITE POSITION
This position is located in the Small Air Terminal Section of the Deployment and Distribution Flight, Logistics Readiness Squadron, Mission Support Group, in an ANG Aviation Wing. The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of Air Transportation functions which involve wing deployment training, passenger and cargo manifesting, Joint Inspection, load planning, determining cargo/passenger eligibility, establishing and maintaining air terminal security, Fleet Servicing, directly responsible for safe and efficient loading/offloading of all DOD-owned and controlled aircraft and ensuring In-transit Visibility (ITV).
Subject to Night and/or Rotating Shifts
General: Experience or training which demonstrates the knowledge of equipment and practices associated with the type of work to be done.
Air Cargo Worker WG-5201-08: Must have 12 months of specialized experience which demonstrates the ability to ensure all cargo packaging has been correctly performed before releasing cargo for air transportation; experience in providing information on schedules, routes, air movement and limitations for aircraft movement; experience which demonstrates the ability to determine quantity and type of cargo to be loaded according to the allowable aircraft cabin load; experience selecting, assembling, palletizing, and transporting aircraft cargo loads to and from aircraft and storage areas; experience performing airdrop inspections after priorities are set, work sequences are determined, and pertinent policy matters have been reviewed; experience which demonstrates the ability to independently perform assignments at the aircraft where the supervisor is not readily available; experience in formulating, implementing, and documenting programs to train Wing augmentation in support of Wing air transportation deployment functions to ensure effective and efficient operations of installation deployment processes; experience in preparing, completing and maintaining air movements records, documents, and reports; experience in preparing and maintaining travel forms, weight and balance records; experience which demonstrates the ability to perform Joint Inspection on all cargo destined for air travel, to include increment weight compliance, hazardous materials compliance, load list compliance and increment placard compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge of Air Terminal Operations Center (ATOC) functions and operation sufficient to plan, coordinate, facilitate, and expedite on-time movement of air cargo in accordance with applicable rules and regulations; must maintain load planning qualification currency to plan and compte load distribution using automated programs, manual methods, and/or other weight and balance computation methods.
2. Skill and ability to train traditional guard personnel in all aerial port functions.
3. Knowledge of and ability to receive, warehouse, process, and categorize cargo to process related paperwork.
4. Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment (MHE) utilizied in moving cargo within the air terminal and to transport cargo to and from the Aircraft (i.e., 4-10k forklifts, 25-60K aircraft loaders, etc.).
5. Knowledge of procedures and regulations governing processing and eligibility of passengers traveling on government owned/sponsored aircraft.
Conditions of Employment:
- CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR résumé . THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
For information regarding Federal benefits, please see: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. : http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - : http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the California National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 listed on this announcement with the prescribed cover letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 60 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...