ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN V – – |
Goldbelt Falcon is searching for personnel with the necessary experience and skills to serve as the Engineering Technician V for the United States Coast Guard. The Engineering Technician V is responsible for engineering, design, maintenance, and installation of telecommunications systems and electronic systems. Incumbent is responsible for the development and/or review of engineering drawings to provide red-line corrections for “as built” configurations. Incumbent designs, develops, documents, and constructs major units, devices, or equipment; conducts tests or experiments; analyzes results and redesigns or modifies equipment to improve performance; and reports results. Plans, or assists in planning, tests to evaluate equipment performance. Responsibilities include the determination of test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures; conducts tests using all types of instruments; analyzes and evaluates test results, and prepares reports on finding and recommendations.
The Engineering Technician V responsibilities include:
- Knowledge and experience in m ultimodal biometric collection devices
- Evaluating electronic systems performance and metrics
- Performing upgrades, maintenance and training on electronics systems
- Safeguarding classified national security information and sensitive but unclassified (SBU) information, including for official use only (FOUO) and personally identifiable information (PII)
- Provide sustainment support for the BASS 2 Print and 10 print systems that include:
- Performing all aspects of technical support, maintenance and Biometric training
- Evaluating system performance and metrics
- Incorporating system lessons learned
- Maintaining and migrating to Coast Guard SharePoint
- Research and Analysis
- Documentation development to support design, development integration and testing
- Configuration management
- Diminishing manufacturer sources and material shortages management.
- Technology refresh program management
- Provide software modifications, updates, and repair services to Coast Guard units.
- Provide casualty response assistance as needed or requested.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Associate degree in engineering, or completion of USCG or DOD Technical Schools.
- Substituted experience: Comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards; and, USCG specifications and standards.
- Six (6) years concurrent, relevant experience in engineering, design, maintenance and installation of USCG Command, Control and Communication Systems.
- Must have current Security Clearance.
**Position contingent on contract award
Goldbelt, Inc. - 18 months ago