U.S. Bank is seeking a talented Storage Engineer with the ability to identify, learn and apply IT technologies to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Consults on a wide spectrum of existing and emerging technologies and associated services and processes. Participates on special technical projects. Consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and services. Recommends technical alternatives, providing clear alignment of the technology's strengths and weaknesses against the business objectives. Participates in the evaluation, selection, and application of new and emerging tools and techniques. Evaluates compliance with the organization's current and future tech standards and portfolios. Analyzes market trends concerning new technologies. Drives the review of existing standards with the standards owner. Provides input and suggestions to improve the usability of the standard and to drive the standard forward. Maintains relationships with key vendors. Monitors the architecture of the vendors offering to ensure continued compatibility of the U.S. Bank technology portfolio.
This senior position focuses on technically leading a team in the following areas: IP storage management, infrastructure design, current/future roadmaps, and disaster recovery for data that reside on distributed systems across US Bank.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years experience with the concepts, philosophies and tools behind the design of applications, information and underlying information technologies.
- At least 10 years experience with developing and implementing applications.
Working experience in:
- 5+ years of NAS administration (supporting Celerra, VNX, Netapp)
- 5+ years of OS System Administration experience (Windows, SUSE, AIX)
- 3+ years administration experience (TSM, Avamar, or Data Domain).
- 4+ years experience of SAN/NAS administration.
- 2 years administration experience with databases (Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2).
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux server operating systems.
- Proficiency with NFS and CIFS protocols
- Scripting (shell & perl) and using SQL to perform changes and queries desired.
- Able to work collaboratively with other technical staff.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
Extensive experience in:
Subject matter expert in:
- Application delivery process
- IT environment
- IT industry trends and direction
- Emerging technologies
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- System software infrastructure
- Information security management
- System and technical integration
- IT architecture
- Product and vendor evaluation
U.S. Bank - 19 months ago
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth largest...