Job Location: Cotati, CA
To be considered for this role, candidates must be bilingual in both Spanish and English. Candidates must also reside within 15 miles of Cotati, CA (zip code 94931). Please ensure this is the closest opening to where you currently reside before you apply as we strongly prefer applicants who live within the territory. When applying, please include your most up-to-date resume.
If you are interested in Part-Time rather than Full-Time, please apply to our "Retail Sales Merchandiser" position.
The Retail Sales Consultant will ensure flawless retail execution of Sales and Merchandising Plans with retailers and store owners in assigned territory. This territory consists of high volume chain grocers, small niche ethnic grocers and convenience store independents and chains in pre-defined ethnic and/or urban focused markets. Retail execution will include driving incremental sales at the individual store levels as well as ensure 100 % distribution on all “authorized” Hershey Items across all trade classes.
Additionally, the RSC will sell surveys to insure best in class merchandising to include building displays, packing out product, and replenishing permanent secondary displays and maintain salability of all authorized Hershey Items.
- Retail Execution of the Company Sales Plan for each retailer in the assigned territory. Sell and maintain 100% distribution of all “authorized” Hershey Items in assigned territory. Ensuring flawless retail execution of Headquarter Sales and Merchandising Plans (Retail Execution Plan) with various retailers. Provide solutions to customers through analysis of customers and market wide sales data. Develop customized sales presentations utilizing basic Microsoft office products.
- Achieve all merchandising objectives through the effective use of Permanent Secondary Displays and other display vehicles established within the Retail Execution Plan.
- Complete electronic and/or written reports of daily and weekly activities, expenses, competitive activity, account changes, promotions and all administrative functions within assigned territory using company approved methods and technology.
- Prepare for store sales calls through data and research gathering, creating presentations and utilizing pre-call planning methods and other company tools.
- Develop Key Decision Makers (within assigned territory) resulting in customer support of Promotional Objectives detailed in the Retail Execution Plan.
- Execute sales targets for assigned customers through simulating and planning incremental volume and conducting pre and post analyses.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- Bachelors Degree is preferred
- 1 - 2 Yrs recent sales experience through full time, internships and/or Co-Op opportunities
- Experience working with ethnically diverse environments, cultures and languages
- Experience selling in high volume environments
- Experience with Chain Grocers or Mass Merchandisers
- Consumer Product Goods (CPG) experience in the Food and Beverage industry
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.
The Hershey Company - 5 months ago
The Hershey Company is a manufacturer of chocolate and sugar confectionery products. The Company’s product groups include...