"Serving Those Who Serve"
The Hale Koa Hotel's mission is to operate a first class hotel and recreation facility at affordable prices for military members and their families.
Serves as a custodial worker in the Housekeeping Department of the Hale Koa Hotel.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Cleans rooms, corridors, stairways, and other areas. Sweeps, mops, vacuums, dusts, scrubs, washes and polishes fixtures and furniture, walls, lanai glass and doors, equipment and furnishings in assigned guest rooms and other areas using a variety of cleaning solutions, chemicals, and cleaning equipment and supplies. Makes beds and changes out bed spreads, blankets, and linens. Add extra pillows as required. Cleans headboard, headboard light, door trim stains and marks. Cleans the louvers closet door. Cleans, disinfects and deodorizes bathrooms. Changes out and refolds towels. Remove stains from basins and toilets. Remove mildew from tub and shower. Clean toilet edges. Clean shower head Clean coffee maker. Cleans lanai railing and the lanai track for sliding door. Wipes bird matter from lanai and lanai furniture.
Replaces missing items in guest room. Empties trash and restocks room condiments and supplies. Clean refreshment cabinet. Maintains cart of supplies. Fills amenities utility. Ensures rooms are locked after cleaning and released for guest use if acceptable. Treats guests courteously and professionally. Notifies supervisors of matters requiring immediate attention. Cleans utility, laundry and vending rooms. Performs special project cleaning. Completes special and rush assignments requiring immediate attention. Follows all prescribed procedures to include those pertaining to safety and the reporting of items needing engineering repair or maintenance.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Must meet the physical requirements of the position. Required is prior work experience that provided the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties listed above to include the ability to use and maintain the tools and equipment of the trade, to keep the assigned work area neat and clean, and to communicate both orally and in writing. Must possess good customer service skills in order to interact with people. Preferred is responsible work experience in the hospitality industry that demonstrated the ability to perform the duties as stated above with minimal supervision.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
7. Must be able to work various hours of the day and week when required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria, and other credentials.
Flexible employees are not entitled to benefits unless converted to regular part-time of regular full-time positions.
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...