- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Be a graduate from a medical assistant training program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) of the American Medical Technologists, or a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces.
- Possess a certification as a medical assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants or registration by the American Medical Technologists, or equivalency.
- One year recent experience working in a clinic environment
Services will normally be required Monday through Friday between the hours of 0700 and 1800 for an 8.5 hour shift, which includes an uncompensated .5-hour meal break. Services will not normally be required on the day of observance of Federal holidays
Duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
Professionals who take pride in their work and want to be appreciated for their efforts are encouraged to apply! In exchange for our staff members' dedication and expertise, we are proud to offer a team environment and competitive compensation packages with an opportunity to establish rewarding careers. If you fit this description, take pride in your work and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at https://tcmpcareers.applicantstack.com/x/openings. Feel free to give us a call at 703-822-8228 if you have any additional questions. We would love to hear from you!!
- Prepare exam rooms prior to patient's arrival.
- Obtain patient's medical record following appropriate procedures.
- Check patient's vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight and blood pressure.
- Obtain and document patient's current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies and vital signs on the correct Standard Form before patient is in the exam room.
- Assist the provider as needed during exams.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered, to include EKG's, urine dip sticks, phlebotomy, etc.
- Transport patients to other clinical areas as needed.
- Check each chart for the provider's signature, stamp, and each patient's diagnosis prior to returning the chart to Health Records.
- Administer medication to patients as directed.
- Obtain lab and X-ray results.
- Maintain exam room stock levels and perform routine maintenance of exam rooms, to include dusting, cleaning wash basins, etc.
If you do not find interest in this opportunity but know of someone who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual to TCMP by forwarding this job posting.
TCMP is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business with its corporate office located in the Washington DC Metropolitan area. TCMP provides worldwide support to the Department of Defense as well as Commercial clientele with staffing of qualified professionals in the fields of Information Security, Technology, Administrative and Health Care Services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.