Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
This classification is represented by IBEW Local 1245, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E.
The journeyman lineman job is responsible for building and maintaining electric power systems and for restoring electric service to commercial, industrial, agricultural, and residential customers while wearing company provided Personal Protective Equipment.
This position will be in one of the following locations:
- San Carlos
- San Jose
- San Rafael
- San Francisco
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 10 days of hire
- Internal PG&E Employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam prior to applying
- External and Hiring Hall Candidates: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam prior to interviewing
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Must pass Lineman Assessment prior to offer
- Completion of state sanctioned and IBEW sponsored line worker apprenticeship
- Must possess a valid Class A Driver’s License
- Certified in Rubber Gloving procedures.
- Experience in transmission work, underground, numerous voltages and distribution work
- Perform work at all times in a safe manner, obeying all of PGE’s “Rules to Live By”, Safe Working Practices and Work Procedure Methods.
- Take direction from person in charge and work safely as a team with other members of the crew.
- Test, frame, and set poles; string electric power lines, install cross arms and anchors, install and replaces switches/circuit protection equipment/insulators/meters/streetlights; hang and energize transformers; take voltage readings and perform phasing.
- Use hand and power tools, climb poles and towers, work at heights on poles/towers/aerial lifts, work with live circuits, climb ladders, work in manholes and confined spaces. Depending on work location/area, work may include working from helicopters, boats, snowmobiles and snow cats.
- Locate, pull, remove, splice and terminate cables; install and replace equipment.
- Load, unload, layout and prep tools/supplies/equipment/materials needed at each job site.
- Review work assignment; checking for proper equipment and supplies.
- Operate hydraulic, aerial and compressor-driven equipment.
- Based on qualifications, drive company pickup truck, crew cab, digger derrick, aerial lift to designated job sites.
- Communicate in person, by phone and radio with supervisor, foreman and coworkers. Must work in a team environment participating in tailboards throughout the day.
- Provide on-the-job training/orientation/demonstration/assistance to pre-apprentice and apprentice linemen.
- Performs traffic control and removal of obstructions [such as tree trimming] at job site.
- Attend all mandated OSHA and company training.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- 2 years ago - save job
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...