Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
- Support other team members with troubleshooting issues and providing technical guidance
- Create scripts to gather metrics on various aspects of server performance and model runtime performance
- Gather system/technical requirements to run modeling software
- Create documentation for maintenance
- Design and implement solutions for remote execution of forecasting models
- Compile, debug and run C/Fortran applications
- 8+ Yrs system administration-level UNIX/Linux experience
- IAT certification: SECURITY+ or higher
- OS Certification: Linux
- At least three (3) years familiarity with Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and Internet Protocol (IP)
- At least three (3) years familiarity with Infiniband or other HPC interconnection technologies, and networking concepts, procedures, and security implications.
- At least three (3) years experience with job schedulers such as PBS Pro and with Message Passing Interface (MPI) software such as Intel MPI and/or Platform MPI.
- At least five (5) years detailed knowledge of modern-day computer architectures used to support complex supercomputer centers.
Geocent is an equal opportunity employer: EOE/M/F/D/V
- Need to have a solid understanding of Networking, OSI Model, TCP/IP
- Advanced bash scripting experience (korn shell scripting experience a plus)
- Includes debugging scripts that source other scripts that source other scripts and that call functions
- Ability to do complex troubleshooting on an issue to resolution server/networking issues
- Experience with Python and Perl
- Experience in developing technical requirements for project/customer needs
- Able to create detailed documentation of work performed to support maintenance/transition
- Able to create documentation that is used to help leadership make decisions
- Working knowledge of HPC design, architecture and best practices
- Experience with Portable Batch System Pro (PBSPro v10/v11) - Huge plus
- Comparable experience with TORQUE or OpenPBS
- Experience with Supervisor Monitoring Scheduler (SMS) from the ECMWF HUGE (x2) PLUS
- Comparable experience with meta schedulers like ecFlow would be acceptablemreplacement for SMS experience
- Fortran/C coding and compiling experience (a plus)
- Experience with R programming language (a plus)
- DoD/Navy experience with regards to policy and procedures (a plus)
- Information Assurance knowledge a PLUS
- Able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical people