At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell International is a $36 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 125,000 employees in 120 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Life Safety (HLS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HLS innovates to protect and save lives worldwide every day. It is a global leader in many growing industries, including commercial fire systems, smoke and gas detection, personal protective equipment (PPE), and home and hospital patient monitoring. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make life safer, more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge HLS technology in the products, software, and solutions all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
We are looking for an Architect Enterprise Lead for our Smithfield, RI location.
In this role candidate will be responsible for managing the architecture, development and performance of our Business Intelligence solutions including SAP Business Objects 3.x & 4.0 for a specific business function that may be local, regional, or global. This is a highly complex environment hosting both internal and external (customer-facing) BI solutions. Ownership of the BI content/solutions utilizing the architecture is highly decentralized and thus requires heavy expertise in performance tuning and problem solving to maintain the shared infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or in lieu of a degree; 10 years related experience.
- 7 years experience in a related role.
- 5 years experience Architect level experience with design and implementation of BI solutions from inception through delivery (SAP Business Object 3.x)
- 3 years experience with integrating BI Solutions 2.
- 3 years experience with both Windows and UNIX Operating Systems.
- 1 year experience Data Visualization and mobile BI capabilities.
- 3 years experience using SAP Business Objects 3.x.
To view and apply for this position, please visit www.careersathoneywell.com and reference job number 217758.
- Strong Experience with Business Objects Webi, Universe Design, and dashboard design.
- Knowledge of managing access rights to Business Objects using LDAP/AD.
- Experience with Business Objects SDKs.
- Experience tuning relational data sources for BI.
- Experience with Business Objects 4.X.
- Experience with SAP Integration.
- Experience with Data Federation.
- Informatica & Datastage experience.
- Ability to work with all levels of management team.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and work on a team or individually.
- Proactively evaluate market trends (industry/technical), research, and influence the introduction BI technology solutions to deliver competitive advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship management, strategic influencing.
- Cross-functional team experience.
- Strong knowledge of HA/DR implementation of BI infrastructure.
- Experience with monitoring for preventative and corrective performance adjustments.
- Evidence of strong leadership.
- Accomplished facilitation and negotiating skills.
- Delivery focused and creative in finding ways of delivering across cross-functional regions.
- Ability and desire to work cross functionally.
- Ability to work independently across the global organization while overseeing the work of others.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx .
Honeywell - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...