Traffic Editor – Full Time
Location: NOKIA Traffic Incident Management Center – Chicago, IL
Shift: 2:00pm to 10:00pm; Sunday through Thursday
is the leading global provider of digital map, traffic and location
data that enables navigation and location-based platforms globally. We
supply this comprehensive data to power automotive navigation systems,
portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping/traffic
applications and government and business solutions. NOKIA data is the
cornerstone of a myriad of location-based solutions that enhance mobile
consumers’ access to location information. Helping our customers connect
effectively to mobile consumers is an exciting, daily challenge at
Customers rely on NOKIA digital map information for use in
their applications because of its accuracy, detail and completeness.
And they rely on NOKIA as their trusted collaborator to help them get
their location–based products to market as quickly and efficiently as
The Traffic Editor is assigned to the NOKIA National
Traffic Operations Center, Chicago. The editor is responsible for
gathering, writing and disseminating traffic information to clients and
end users utilizing NOKIA’s Web-based distribution systems. Methods
employed to gather traffic information may include emergency services
monitoring, monitoring of traffic cameras and handling incoming calls,
including verification of all data via outgoing calls and other
resources. The position combines the use of technology to gather and
distribute traffic incident data along with a journalistic approach for
retrieval and verification of real-time traffic incident data. The
Editor routinely works with proprietary software applications such as
TIMS (Traffic Incident Management System).
- Gathering real time traffic incident data through a variety of both publicly available and proprietary resources.
This includes making phone calls to public agencies; monitoring
emergency communications via radio scanner; review of internet based
content delivery; traffic camera observation; and other internal NOKIA
traffic incident management tools.
incident data in NOKIA’s proprietary traffic incident management
- Entry of real-time traffic
database system. This includes all updates to initial incident entry
into the database, in real-time.
- Accountable for interfacing with NOKIA software applications.
- Must be available for all scheduled shifts, which may include weekends as part of a regularly scheduled shift.
- Other related duties as required
NOKIA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
- Successful candidates for the position of Traffic Editor will thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Have computer literacy
- Be capable of handling multiple tasks under occasionally severe time constraints and be deadline driven.
Traffic Data Collection
North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago - NVT Corporate HQ
Nokia Location & Commerce - 12 months ago