Description/Job Summary HGL (HydroGeologic, Inc.), is a full-service environmental science, engineering, and construction firm with over 25 years of experience providing environmental restoration solutions to federal, state, local, and private sector clients.
HGL is one of the few companies that remain committed to research and development, offering a dynamic work environment for creative, energetic professionals. Currently HGL has a position open for a Treatment Plant Operator.
Responsibilities/Duties Responsibilities may include - operating and maintaining groundwater extraction and treatment plant, upgrading or troubleshooting of system equipment, and the collection of system, groundwater, and waste characterization samples. Will maintain complete
and accurate records and logs. A valid state driver's license for the work location state is required. Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Should have excellent mechanical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic requiring minimal supervision
- Excellent health and safety record is expected
- The ability to work as a team member as well as independently is required
- Familiar with computers, MS Word and MS Excel
- 4-6 years of related work experience.
- Experience operating and maintaining various groundwater recovery, treatment, and remediation systems including electrical and controls (i.e. pumps, meters, blowers, compressors, etc) is required.
- Experience with environmental sampling to include sediment, soil, and groundwater sampling is required.
- Must have experience in construction oversight of subcontractors and in remedial system start-up and optimization.
Required Education A minimum of a High School Diploma is required plus an additional 2 years of specialized training.
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER training required
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid drivers license and excellent driving record
- Some positions may require specific licenses and/or certifications
Details Pre-hire drug test is required. EOE, M/F/D/V.
HydroGeoLogic, Inc - 15 months ago