Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Serve as analyst on Company's Corporate FP&A team that provides financial planning and analysis support related to consolidated Fannie Mae results. Complete monthly and annual analytics and reporting in support of Fannie Mae's annual corporate goals.Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use standard or non-standard financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop reporting packages and financial analytics in support of Fannie Mae's corporate goal setting process for senior management, Board of Directors, and the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Partner with business unit management to understand business drivers and results, complete variance analysis, and summarize financial impacts to the company
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Utilize this data to conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy a variety of management objectives
- Manage relationships with customers, and effectively communicate approach and timelines, in order to ensure timeliness, consistency and accuracy of reporting and analytics
- Participate in month-end and annual analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data. Consolidate work done by other analysts and customers into final report
- Assess data retrieved from archive or data warehouse for data integrity for analytical purposes; sort, partition or segment data for further analysis by self or others
- May conduct specific analyses of financial or operating data to satisfy certain regulatory requirements or to establish required internal controls over business processes
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gather, analyze and summarize financial and operational data
- Ability to perform in high pressure environment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Strong project management skills a plus
- Cross-functional business skills, excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills, and ability to effectively present to and work with senior management
- Prior experience with reporting in FP&A environment
- Advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, e.g. vlookups, pivot tables, advanced calculations and formulas)
- Prior experience with Hyperion and Essbase is preferred, but not required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 20 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...