Founded in 1920, C.R. England, Inc. is one of North America’s largest transportation companies, and the world’s largest temperature-controlled carrier. C.R. England services include National, Mexico and Regional Truckload service in addition to Dedicated and Intermodal services. The company has facilities throughout the United States as well as in Mexico and China.
We are currently seeking a qualified facilities manager to manage daily facilities operations and capital projects for our Eastern US region.
- Oversee facilities management functions for company properties in the assigned region. Responsible for planning, budgeting and management of daily operations including: cleaning, grounds, preventive maintenance, repair, building renovations, capital projects, and other tasks as assigned.
- Ensure all work performed under his/her supervision is done in a timely and cost effective manner according to the applicable codes, budgets and corporate facilities standards.
- Ensure all facilities under his/her responsibility are safe and comply with all federal, state and local laws.
- Manage contracts for outsourced facility services —janitorial, security, landscaping, waste removal, etc. to ensure quality, efficient, effective, and adequate services.
- Be willing and able to self-perform facilities tasks (cleaning, repair, etc) as deemed appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with city, state and federal officials, including fire, police and zoning.
- Develop and implement energy reduction and cost savings initiatives.
- Handle incident commander responsibilities along with security and the facilities manager, in the event of a major emergency.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency when getting things done. The facility manager must be able to gain clear understanding of the work and drive tasks to an on time completion.
- This position gets results through others. Relationships are the core of the C.R. England management style. C.R. England facilities managers must be able to cultivate and maintain excellent relationships with site and division managers. The successful candidate will be able to embrace this culture and easily integrate into the flow.
- Organized and self-driven. The facilities manager must be able to work independently and with little direction. He/She must be able to multi-task and keep track of many tasks at the same time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management or related field plus 5 years FM experience – or – 10+ years facilities management experience.
- Functional knowledge of HVAC, electrical, emergency power, plumbing, drywall, painting and construction management.
- Excellent decision-maker, time manager and problem solver.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently and effectively manage projects in an extremely fast paced and changing environment; keep projects on time, deal with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and work with a diverse array of contacts.
- Must be able to work with co-workers, customers, vendors, etc. in a professional and non-confrontational manner. Working hours are not confined to weekdays, may also include evenings and weekends as well as on-call for emergency situations. Some travel may be required.
- Demonstrate innovative and futuristic thinking to drive continuous improvement.
- Customer Service
- Facilities Operations Management
- Project Management
- Contract/Vendor Management
- Organized, Multitasking
- Written and Verbal Communications skills
- Sense of Urgency
CR England offers a competitive benefits package that includes, medical, dental, life, vision, vacation, and 401K.
This is a professional exempt position. The nature of the work varies and often involves working early and late and on weekends. Normal hours must also be maintained for communications and management of all functions.
Salary Range - $60,000 - $65,000 per year
C. R. England - 10 months ago
C.R. England is a family-owned refrigerated transportation business with revenues in 2004 that exceeded $500 million. The company's more...