As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
The Database Administrator shall provide database administration for development environments, provide database application support to development teams, consult with development teams on database design optimization, and engage in ongoing database performance tuning efforts to assure optimal performance for database applications.
The DBAs will be responsible for all aspects of DB administration such as maintain, monitor and troubleshoot databases. Provide technical expertise in database area throughout the life cycle of the projects, propose and implement enhancements to improve performance and reliability.
The successful candidate shall create and maintain performance benchmarks and metrics, make recommendations on application specifications for optimal database performance.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8 - 10 Years of experience to include the development and design of database strategies; monitoring and improving database performance and capacity; data recovery; planning for future expansion and implementation of database changes as submitted by the development team and general administrator support.
Advance Procedural Language (PL/SQL) experience and knowledge with Data Management Tools .TOAD and OEM (10g or 11g).
1. Candidate must be well versed in analyzing and tuning PL/SQL and SQL scripts for performance.
2. 7+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA/Developer.
3. Proven experience in Oracle 10g and 11g environments.
4. In additional to Oracle, knowledge of programming languages and working with multi-tiered applications.
5. Experience in Oracle performance tuning.
6. Experience in Oracle PL/SQL, packages, stored procedures.
7. 5+ years in administering Oracle databases in large distributed environments supporting and administering databases with millions of rows of data.
8. 5 +Experience administering Oracle databases using clustering.
9. 5+ years of related work experience Certified as an Oracle Administrator.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 23 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...