SECO Spouse Education and Career Counselor
Full-time & Part-time Positions Available
Zeiders is an industry leader in military and family support. Our company's reputation is based on providing top quality service with exceptional, dedicated employees. This approach has earned client confidence and repeat business from satisfied customers. Headquartered in Woodbridge, VA, Zeiders has approximately 850 employees supporting clients worldwide in behavioral health, military family resiliency, work-life education programs, and related services. We seek individuals with strong passion for what we do and our commitment to quality service.
Education and Career Counselors provide support to military spouses through the Military OneSource Military Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Program Contract. Connect Military Spouses with academic and employment opportunities in which they may be qualified through information and referral services delivered through a call center located in Woodbridge, VA.
Provide assistance, services, resource, referrals and consultation on various Military Spouse Education and Employment services as well as Service Providers. Responsibilities include providing career counseling to military spouses representing a broad range of career interests, interpreting vocational assessment instruments, planning and presenting career education workshops. Additional duties include assisting Service Providers/clients accessing services for their military spouse clients including information and referral for spouses that are provided services through individual installations. In addition, this person will service as the primary government source of assistance for military spouses regarding education and career development throughout the military lifecycle. The successful individual will also serve as the central source of information regarding federal, state and local occupational licenses and credentialing requirements for military spouses in portable occupations and career fields nationwide. . The call center’s hours of operation are Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM EST, and Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST and holidays. Your specific schedule will be determined by the Counseling Services Lead and may change based on projected call volume and work balance across the team to fulfill the requirements of the contract.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
All positions which require access to U.S. Government facilities and systems require U.S. Citizenship.
- This position requires a Masters’s degree in Education, Adult Education, Vocational Counseling, Human Services or related field with 4+ years professional work experience.
- Candidates must have an active certification in one of the following: the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (NAWPD), the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) OR the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (National Certified Counselor (NCC) credential)
- Preference for Candidates with experience working in a call center or service operations environment
- Candidates must have strong technology skills.
- Must have a good approachable personality coupled with impeccable communication skills. Must also be a patient listener with great analytical ability. He or she must be able to understand the needs of the client and provide the required moral support to the individual to make the right career choice.
- Must be able to identify the potential in an individual and mapping the same to an appropriate career or occupation in order to leverage the individual's skills towards building a successful career.
- Preference for former Military or Military Spouse or Veteran or Wounded Warrior
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.