Minimum 1 year experience preferred
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical staff. Greets and registers patients in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner .
Answers telephones, takes messages, provides non-medical information and distributes calls.
Prepares paperwork for patient visit, prompts patients for demographic and insurance data, explains
consent form and obtains signature in accordance with consent standard. Discharges patient , collects
co-pays and outstanding balances, schedules future appointments for follow-up care and forwards
appropriate referral paperwork if indicated.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) preferred ; p ost high school coursework in business and/or medical field preferred.
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Billing/coding experience helpful, medical terminology preferred, accounts receivable/cash handling experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently, effectively manage time and use effective problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities .
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Must have confident and effective oral and written communication skills.
MaineGeneral Health - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard