Shell Downstream encompasses all the activities necessary to transform crude oil into petroleum products and petrochemicals, and deliver them around the world. Our Downstream businesses refine, supply, trade and ship crude oil worldwide, and manufacture, transport and market fuels, lubricants, bitumen, LPG and bulk petrochemicals for domestic, transportation and industrial uses. Altogether, the organisation employs some 65,000 people in around 100 counties.
Our Manufacturing business has the capability to process some four million barrels of crude oil per day, and operates in 35 refineries worldwide, producing gasoline, diesel, heating oils, aviation fuel, lubricants and bitumen. Delivering cutting edge technologies, our manufacturing sites contribute significantly to meeting the world’s energy needs.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
Manager Project Engineering provides Leadership and oversight for the development and delivery of capital projects at the Convent site. The majority of projects are $1mln to $10mln TIC. Several projects can be $10mln to $70mln TIC. The Project Team will typically be managing 130 to 150 active capital projects.
Manager Project Engineering manages an organization of Motiva and on-site Contract staff with approximately 30 direct reports, approximately 15 Motiva and 15 Contract.
Manager Project Engineering has responsibility for initial project screening, project development (FEL), execution of detailed design and construction, HSSE, cost, schedule and quality. This includes execution of procedures and 100% compliance with MOC and PSSR. In addition, the organization will assist with mechanical start-up plans and procedures, provide technical support during start-ups, support training, and assure documentation and knowledge transfer.
Specific Accountabilities include:
• Ensure safe and environmental compliant delivery of capital projects at the site
• Professional development of staff, performance evaluations, individual development plans
• Key Player on Project Challenge Committees with focus on quality and clarity of project objectives and business case
• Lead role in seeking approval of Large projects via external technical challenge Teams and Corporate Leadership Teams
• Adherence to corporate financial DOA requirements for capital project approval
• Leadership for standardizing work through work processes. Lead process performer for Project Work Process. Developing Standard Operating Procedures for integration of Project Work Process with other site work processes
• Provide strategic vision for continuous improvement of project team performance including organizational structure, resource skills and work practices
• Ownership and accountability for site Project capital budget (~$150mln/yr),Project Expense budget (~$5 to $10mln/yr) and site General Dismantlement budget (~$5 to $10mln/yr)
• Accountable for proper Stakeholder communication of Project Team progress and performance on overall capital project portfolio
• Integration of capital project delivery with TA’s, Process Safety, Production, other technical disciplines
• Oversight for on-site Project Controls Team, project spend forecasting, project schedules
• Oversight for Document Management team. Accountable for accurate and timely update of all site engineering and Process Safety documentation
• Accountable for compliance with Engineering standards
• Contract Owner for all engineering contractors. Accountable for third part engineering contractor spend vs. annual targets
• Accountable for leading site project team to continuous improvement as measured by global project metrics for safety, cost, schedule and quality
• Adherence to guidelines for contract review board and procurement
• Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
• Minimum fifteen (15) years experience in petrochemical or refining facilities in engineering, supervisory or related technical assignments
• Minimum ten (10) years experience in Project Engineering and Project Management roles using a gated project delivery process
• Minimum five (5) years supervisory experience of company and contract technical professionals including mentoring, developing and assessing annual business goals and personal development plans.
• Minimum three (3) years experience with front end screening and challenge of project proposals.
• Minimum three (3) years experience with integration of capital project planning and execution with TA planning and execution.
• Minimum three (3) years experience with capital project funding approval processes, corporate financial guidelines and delegations of authority
• Minimum three (3) years experience with application of standardized work processes in project delivery
• Minimum three (3) years experience with overall management of a capital project portfolio consisting of 100 -150 projects
• Strong communication and engagement skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
• Proven experience with Shell/Motiva Project Work Process is preferred
• Demonstrated experience with Shell Engineering Standards is preferred
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Sunday 31 March 2013
Number of Vacancies
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our
policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shell - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...