Position number (PCN):|
Job Open Date
Review Date To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date.
Job Close Date Jobs close at 5:00 PM Alaska time on the date listed.
Open Until Filled
Months per Year
A-KPC Student Services
- W = Statewide
- A = UAA
- F = UAF
- G = UAFGI
- S = UAS
Major Org Unit
University of Alaska Anchorage
Clerical/Office Support Customer Service Student Positions
Internal Applicants Only? Click here for a definition of Internal Applicants
Salary Grade Salary Schedule
Bookmark to Job Posting
HR Phone Number
University of Alaska Anchorage - (907) 786-4608
HR E-mail Address
University of Alaska Anchorage - email@example.com
Job Posting Information
Job Posting Summary
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position.
- Reception in person, over the telephone or responding to general inquiries via mail or email as directed. - Provide general office assistance including filing, typing, copying, and mail delivery. - Assist with the registration process, including data entry on BANNER - Bookstore assistance including stocking and cashiering. - Recruitment and marketing assistance: flyers, promotions, etc. - Assist with preparation and conducting various events: graduation, career fairs, financial aid and other workshops. - Assist students utilizing placement testing and web-based services.
Typical education or training required for this position (including licenses).
- Capable of running copier and fax machines -Proficient telephone reception skills -Windows applications computer skills
Length of time and type of experience required for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED -Applicant must be a KBC student, enrolled in 6 or more and possess a 2.0 or better grade point average.
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities for this position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Special Conditions of Employment
- Complete UA Employment Application on www.uakjobs.com -For assistance in applying or uploading required documents to UAKjobs system, please contact the KPC Career & Community Engagement Center (907)262-0376 (or KBC Student Services (907) 235-7743 in Homer, AK.)
NOTICE: Students must maintain enrollment and regular attendance for a minimum of at least 6 undergraduate credit hours or 6 graduate credit hours to be exempt from FICA (Social Security and Medicare) tax. A credit hour load below the minimum required for full-time student status will require the withholding of FICA tax (non-resident aliens on an appropriate visa who meet student employment criteria will continue to be exempt from FICA regardless of credit hour load). While in a student position, a student cannot hold any other type of simultaneous employment with the university.
Describe any other special skills/knowledge required for this position (e.g. additional training, heavy lifting or traveling).
- Good communication, time management and problem-solving skills
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action : The University of Alaska is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and educational institution. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application and screening process should contact the local Human Resources office. Public Disclosure : Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act. Background Investigation : Finalists may be subject to a background investigation. Any offer of employment is contingent upon a review of the results of the background investigation by the Human Resources office. Immigration Reform and Control Act : Person(s) hired by the University of Alaska must comply with the provisions of the Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. All employees must provide proof of eligibility to work. For foreign nationals requesting employer sponsored visas, a job must qualify as a "specialty occupation" to be eligible for sponsorship of a U.S. H 1B visa petition. You must present your Social Security Card as verification of your Social Security Number. If you do not have a social security number, you must present a receipt from the Social Security Administrations stating you have applied for a social security number within 10 days of your employment with the University of Alaska. Social Security : On January 1, 1982, the University opted out of the Social Security system; however, participation in Social Security is still required for adjunct faculty hired after January 1, 1996, temporary staff, extended temporary staff, and certain student employees. Also, benefit-eligible employees hired after April 1, 1986, are required to pay into Medicare even though they do not participate in Social Security. Benefits : Refer to the Benefits web page at http://www.alaska.edu/benefits for more information on benefits available to University of Alaska employees. E-Verify : The University of Alaska participates in the E-Verify program. For more information please see the following: E-Verify Participation Poster (English): https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish): https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf Right to Work Poster (English): https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/WebBPPOSTERRtoWEnglishversion.pdf Right to Work Poster (Spanish): https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/WebBPPOSTERRtoWSpanishversion.pdf
No Records Found
University of Alaska - 2 years ago