For more than 125 years, Norton Healthcare’s faith heritage has guided its mission to provide quality health care to all those it serves. Today, Norton Healthcare is a leading health care system based in Louisville, Ky. It is the area’s third largest private employer, providing care at nearly 140 locations throughout Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The Louisville-based not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals with more than 1,800 licensed beds; five outpatient centers; 12 Norton Immediate Care Centers; 12,000 employees; more than 600 employed medical providers; and in excess of 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. Norton Healthcare was the 2011 recipient of the prestigious National Quality Forum National Quality Healthcare Award, along with the 2011 Kentucky Hospital Association Quality Award. The organization has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work in Metro Louisville, the state of Kentucky and nationally. Norton Healthcare and Humana are one of only four national pilot sites, and the only one in Kentucky , to study the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) model through the prestigious Brookings – Dartmouth ACO Pilot Project. More information about Norton Healthcare is available at NortonHealthcare.com .
Responsible for independently performing, interpreting, and correlating clinical laboratory tests to assist physician diagnosis and treatment. Performs testing according to policies and procedures.
Provides clinical laboratory testing expertise to include problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology ( Clinical Laboratory Science ) or meet educational requirement of certifying agency
- Certification as a Medical Technologist ( Clinical Laboratory Science ) by a nationally recognized agency/board.
- Communication skills both oral and written
Computer skills. Organizational skills
Recognize and respond to emergency situations
- One year clinical experience
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving skills.
Clinical laboratory expertise
Norton Healthcare offers a competitive benefit package including:
Norton Healthcare is an EEO/AA employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 403b Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- College Savings Plan
- Children's Choice Day Care Center
- Downtown Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Screening Requirements: Drug Screen & Criminal Background Check
Norton Healthcare takes care of people in the land of horse farms and blue grass. The company owns and operates five hospitals and manages...