Business System Analyst
Border States has a terrific opportunity for an individual looking for employment in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Works as part of the IT Applications team to determine how technology can best be used to enable or enhance business processes.
- Supports research, and recommends and assists in development of emerging technologies as they relate to best practices.
- Works together with IT Infrastructure and business departments to identify, develop and implement new technologies.
- Maintains and supports Border States' applications relating to integrated business processes.
- Responsible for cost justification, configuration and testing of changes and upgrades within the business process area assigned.
- Works with multiple business departments to review identified needs for various business functions within the business processes assigned with the goal of identifying what business application solutions are available to meet the needs.
- Assists department staff with technical issues related to the use of our business applications.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that occur during the course of projects.
- Responsible for thorough testing of changes and enhancements along with the integration with all other functional areas.
- Assists in training business department staff and others utilizing the related applications.
- Assists in the maintenance and publication of SAP software help documents.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers, vendors and others related to the company. Promotes and maintains the identity and reputation of Border States, ensuring customer satisfaction and addressing problems and complaints as they arise.
- Works effectively as a team with all Border States personnel.
- Performs off-hours support as needed.
- Provides phone support as part of the IT Helpdesk.
Border States has a competitive benefit package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. To apply, fill out our application form.
- Minimum of a two-year accounting, business, marketing or IS/computer science degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Previous experience with accounts payable and receivable processing, sales, marketing, customer service, shipping and receiving, wholesale distribution, electronic data interchange (EDI), system/business analyst and/or SAP enterprise resource planning software helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Prefer good working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), Internet and email.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
Border States Electric - 18 months ago
Border States is a 100 percent employee-owned company with headquarters in Fargo, North Dakota, and an extensive network of branch locations...