The principle duties of a Lead Plant Operator consist of operating generation facilities and associated equipment. The Plant Operator investigates abnormal operating conditions, initiates corrective action, and performs preventative maintenance.
The core areas of accountability include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all operations at the plant during shift. This person’s primary responsibility is to push continuing production at the plant and to trouble shoot any area of the plant that is not functioning properly.
- Responsible to keep production going and to reduce down-time as much as possible.
- Responsible to see that all repairs and maintenance in all departments is performed according to schedule.
- Responsible to see the plant runs smoothly and efficiently. This operator must know and understand all the operator positions at the plant (press, centrifuge, heating, yard, receiving, and the plant fluid).
- Must have mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have the ability to learn and follow procedures.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures, on heights and in confined spaces.
- Must have a strong commitment to workplace safety.
Tervita Corporation - 30+ days ago