This transportation/shipping public company based in Oakland is looking for a Director of Compensation & Benefits.
This corporate compensation and benefits role is responsible for the design and administration of all compensation progams including executive and board compensation, base pay structures, equity and cash incentive plans as well as benefits (including retirement benefits) and required record-keeping reporting and disclosures, also writing the CD&A portion of the proxy.
The Director of Compensation & Benefits will partner closely with the VP of HR to provide guidance to senior management, the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, and colleagues on the HR, finance and legal teams.
The Director of Compensation & Benefits will report to the Vice President of Human Resources. This person’s direct reports will include a Compensation Programs Manager, and a Benefits Manager, who also manages a Benefits Administrator.
- Manage the delivery of executive compensation practices: base pay, annual incentives, long-term incentives, severance, perquisites, and benefits. Includes all administration and required record-keeping reporting and disclosures.
- Provide timely, reliable and acurate data, reports, and summaries for all required reporting with the help of the Vice President Human Resources, executive compensation consultant, colleagues in legal and finance.
- Oversee health & welfare and retirement program administration including outsourcing relationships. With subject matter expertise from Benefits Manager and outside resources (benefit broker, consultants, vendors) develop, implement, and coordinate sound benefit programs aligned with corporate objectives, directions, practices and procedures. Ensure that all benefits work products (analyses, recommendations, information, reports and summaries) are accurate and in compliance with required laws and regulations.
- Consult with HR colleagues on compensation and benefits needs or issues, including proposed organization changes that impact compensation and benefit programs and plans.
- Provide guidance and serve as a subject matter expert regarding compensation and benefit issues related to due diligence requirements for acquisitions/mergers, collective bargaining agreement negotiations or other circumstances requiring industry trends/analyses.
- Serve as Secretary to the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. Includes creating proposed agendas, preparing, archiving meeting materials/minutes and coordinating meeting requirements with consultants to the Compensation Committee. 2013 schedule included 4 meetings; 2 in Honolulu, 1 in Oakland and 1 in Shanghai. Work with the VP of HR to serve the needs of the Chairman of the Compensation Committee and support the Compensation Committee in a mannner that enables them to effectively implement their charter.
- Provide compensation and benefit support to Vice President Human Resources and ensure that the Human Resource Department is administering benefits and compensation programs in compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations; that procedures are operationally efficient and service-oriented for employees; that regulatory filings are created and submitted in a timely and accurate manner; and that employee requests and inquiries are responded to in an accurate and responsive manner.
WorldatWork - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -