The purpose of the Intake Social Worker position is to provide intake and assessment, refer families and the public to the appropriate community based services and conduct investigations as warranted to ensure the immediate safety of children and adults.
Examples of Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples of typical duties do not include all possible tasks for this classification and do not limit the assignment of related tasks. Regular attendance according to the department's approved work schedule is required for all Sherburne positions.
Initial intake screening, assessment and arrangement for Health & Human Services
· Accept referrals.
· Interview walk-ins or call-in requests for services.
· Complete necessary paperwork.
Receive and respond to CP and VA maltreatment reports
· Meet with family members and collateral contacts to gather data.
· Establish goals and objectives to insure immediate safety of children and adults.
· Pursue court action with assistance from the County Attorney’s Office when necessary.
· Complete necessary documentation to comply with State, Federal, and local policy.
BA/BS in Social Work or closely related field PLUS 1-3 years of Social Work experience or equivalent education plus work experience.
Must have a valid MN driver's license and reliable vehicle.
This position is a part-time 28 hour per week temporary position in the Health & Human Services Intake Unit. The position is union eligible after 67 days worked. The estimated term length is 1 year.
Sherburne County, MN - 12 months ago