The Risk Officer supporting the Risk Assessment team is responsible for supporting the analytical and reporting needs of the Risk Management team including but not limited to Economic Capital, Stress Testing, Risk Assessment and Asset Allocation. This individual will also support the business unit and overall bank strategic initiatives relating to credit risk management. Individual will address business issues by analyzing risk assessment practices and effectiveness, and make recommendations to management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quantification of the credit, market, operational and business risks in our business plans.
- Assessment of other risks and their potential impact on capital and liquidity planning: liquidity risk, compliance risk, strategic risk and reputational risk.
- Evaluation of the way the different risks interplay, identifying and eventually quantifying the impact of potential concentrations or diversification effects.
- Quantification of the impact of different stressed scenarios from different sources. Broaden the scope of the stressed scenarios, including idiosyncratic and systemic scenarios, and improve the granularity of the stress testing
- Bachelor’s degree, with MBA degree preferred.
- Strong programming skills in SAS, MatLab or VBA
- Banking experience with 1-2 years in credit risk management or financial analysis.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exposure to credit scoring, quantitative techniques and database management.
- Statistical modeling exposure a plus.
- Proven ability using Microsoft Office tools for reporting and analyzing data.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills with an ability to effectively execute tactical plans.
- Associate Risk Officer I – 1 to 2 years of related experience
- Associate Risk Officer II – 3 to 4 years of related experience
- Risk Officer I - Minimum of 7 years industry experience depending on level recommended
The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA Compass....