Blue Coat is seeking a senior software engineer passionate in the design, development and testing of a Linux appliance platform. You will be using state of the art technology to deliver the next generation appliance platform to our product teams.
We are looking for someone with:
· MS/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· 7+ years of experience performing Linux based secure appliance platform development – RPMs, Packaging, Configuration, Licensing, authentication, serviceability, Porting third party software, multiple image management, Upgrade and change management.
· Experience with Linux system administration
· Proficient in C/C++ and scripting languages (Perl, bsh, and Python) required.
· Detailed knowledge of PXE boot and porting Linux on new hardware.
· Experience with Make, Ant, Source code revision control systems (perforce, CVS, GIT etc)
· Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS/RHEL) performance monitoring, security patches.
· Passion for building high quality software, advanced object oriented design and debugging skills
· Must be a team player, able to interface with product, manufacturing and support teams.
Nice to have:
· Koji Linux customization
· Agile practices and unit testing
· Experience with server side Java/JVM, Apache Tomcat, httpd, RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
Blue Coat Systems - 11 months ago