Under the general guidance of the Director of Housekeeping, assist in ensuring day-to-day operations while providing training, coaching, and counseling to all housekeeping employees. Ensure that all guests are provided quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
Duties & Functions:
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls using all of MHG’s Core Values. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to MHG policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to MHG standards
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards
- Assist in conducting monthly guest supplies and cleaning supplies inventories
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping in inspecting all VIP rooms prior to arrival
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Wyndham International standards
- Assist in maintaining required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis
- Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following MHG procedures
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSD sheets. Keep MSD sheets current and easily available
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies
- Assist in reviewing Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis
- Assist in preparing employee schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum three years management experience with at least two years in housekeeping management at progressively higher levels of responsibility
- For Union properties only: Must possess a minimum of three (3)to five (5) years Hotel and/or Food and Beverage operational experience in a Union environment. Must have strong and proven knowledge and practice of Hotel Collective Bargaining Agreements (will be subject to a skill test during interview process)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
The employee will actively follow MHG policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
Morgans Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.
Morgans Hotel Group - 30+ days ago
Morgans Hotel Group (MHG) is part of a growing trend of staying in boutiques rather than shopping in them. The company owns (wholly or parti...