This is a Lead (hands on) Oracle DBA (Internal title is Distinguished Member of Technical Staff). The incumbent plays a technical lead role to support mission critical application – customer care, provisioning, self-serve, media store & pre-pay billing.
Provides Oracle / SQL*Server technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise across multiple, large-scale, highly complex projects. Regularly leads teams and provides direction to staff members. Reviews designs and provides feedback on large-scale, technical projects.
The The Distinguished Member of Technical Staff is responsible for overseeing the performance of all high-level technical administration and/or analysis activities (e.g., systems-related requirements collection/analysis, system architectural design and systems integration etc.) relating to information systems. The incumbent acts independently to provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise across multiple large-scale initiatives. The Distinguished Member of Technical Staff is also responsible for validating and implementing reliable and efficient automated solutions to fulfill complex business requirements.
Provides technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise across multiple, large-scale, highly complex projects. Regularly leads teams and provides direction to staff members. Reviews designs and provides feedback on large-scale, technical projects.
Oversees and validates the collection and analysis of systems requirements. Responsible for analyzing and making final decisions to ensure the development of high quality deliverables on time. Ensures systems implementations comply with established Change Control procedures.
Leads the development of Technology Support standards and procedures. Proactively monitors and controls all production systems and networks to maximize systems availability. Responsible for analyzing and proactively managing problems and making final decisions that impact overall system(s) and project(s).
Oversees the analysis and resolution of complex client and systems problems. Validates and implements systems solutions to fulfill business requirements while providing quality customer service. Consistently leads and motivates team members. Proactively communicates status reports and issues to manager.
Successfully completes all relevant general and technical training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
Technical Leadership & collaboration
Performance monitoring / Project management / Creating process improvements standards
- Leads and collaborates with the team on proactive analysis with Revenue generating, Customer facing and Self service functionalities to manage and confirm the availability, performance and scalability of Oracle systems.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and organizational skills. Has strong technical knowledge, as well as adherence to Oracle/SQL*server system standards and procedures. Shows strong ability to develop and manage project plans. Has strong business knowledge.
- Responsible for analyzing and making final decisions to ensure the development of high quality deliverables on time. Ensures systems implementations comply with established Change Control procedures.
Vendor coordination / POC evaluation / Guide the application primaries contacts & focus team.
- Leads the development of Technology Support standards and procedures. Proactively monitors and controls all production systems to maximize systems availability. Responsible for analyzing and proactively managing problems and making final decisions that impact multi-sites, multi-group, multi-databases and span across multiple days during production rollout.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively across all different teams: database, development, QA testing, and production operations for a successful end-to-end production rollout.
- Understanding of IT transformational strategic directives to implement the compliance requirements. Meets with the vendors (Oracle, Quest, Symantec, HP and IBM) quarterly to review what they have delivered, what the planned deliveries are for the coming year and to provide guidance in aligning strategies. Keep vendors in the loop for any upcoming major projects. Work with vendor to analyze proactively for any foreseeable hurdles and perform impact analysis.
- POC on different technology products such as Cognos for business analytics, Shareplex & Golden gate for remote replication, Extreme scale for in memory data grid, Times ten for in memory database, BCV for Backup copy solution, OEM for monitoring… to perform technical evaluation of the vendor products to support business requirements and managerial decisions.
- Architect, deigns review, Development life – cycle support
- Participate & provide guidelines in system / application architecture design. Perform validation of the system flow model and all tiered interfaces to confirm adherence to standards and best practices.
- Business-centric application architecture design involvement with the application team that includes design review, performance forecast and testing, results analysis and interpolation and making recommendations for optimal performance and scalability.
- Provide leadership with all focus groups to define Backup and Recovery policies, DR standards, Datacenter consolidation plans, best practices for database upgrades, and Scalable solutions.
7+ years of experience in Oracle database and all associated technologies including performance optimization and tuning.
Expertise in Oracle RAC / ASM / AQ / Data-Grid / Data Guard Technology & Oracle Enterprise monitoring systems.
Expertise in data replication tools like – Oracle Streams, Shareplex, data-mirror etc
Knowledgeable in state-of-the-art latest Oracle technology.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems. Masters' preferred
7+ years of information systems experience
Superior technical and analytical skills
Knowledgeable in state-of-the-art technology
Superior knowledge of information systems (applications and/or networking systems).
PC and desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, e-mail, etc.)
Leading large scale cross-functional projects
Superior business knowledge
Extensive knowledge of information systems concepts
Extensive knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures
Extensive knowledge of disaster recovery and quality assurance management techniques
Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
Strong judgment and decision-making abilities
Superior organizational and problem solving abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Verizon Wireless - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...