Position description: A leading security platform company is looking for Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) who enjoy delivering bad news to programmers. Our testing team members come from a variety of backgrounds: software development, network engineering, system administration, white-box software testing, and computer security. Your primary responsibility will be to find and report bugs and design flaws in our software before it is released to our customers.
Qualifications – Required
Qualifications – Preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software test engineer, system programmer, software developer, system administrator, developer support engineer, or sales engineer, working in a Unix environment
- Unix environment C debugging and profiling tools (gdb, prof, gprof, gmon)
- Unix mail transfer agent (MTA) administration (sendmail, postfix, exim)
- Unix network monitoring (netstat, tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Unix system profiling (oprofile, SystemTap, dtrace, lockstat)
- Bash shell scripting
- Constructing regular expressions
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software testing experience
- Performance and scalability testing experience
- Protocol testing experience
- Python programming experience
- Perl programming experience
- Network and Unix security experience
- A bachelors or masters degree in science or engineering
Prolinx Services is a professional consulting company that provides clients with specialized services and business solutions. Having the right people in place is paramount to the success of our client organization. Prolinx Services is dedicated to providing people with the skills, background and work styles that match client needs. We also place great emphasis on the satisfaction of our consultants. Prolinx strives to create harmonious work arrangements and win-win situations for all involved parties.
Prolinx, Inc. located near Seattle in Bothell, WA, USA develops tools, applications, and systems that advance developments in Proteomics and...