Micro Center is one of the nation’s leading computer and electronics retailers, offering over 35,000 products in large, well-furnished regional stores. We provide the industry's most compelling and customer-oriented shopping environment, with twelve dedicated product and service departments and the most knowledgeable staff in the business. An industry pioneer when we started in 1979 in Columbus, Ohio, we continue to be a dynamic company in a growth industry and have expanded steadily and profitably to a nationwide presence. Join our team and see why the leading consumer magazine rated Micro Center as “the best place to buy a computer!”
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Service Technician - Level I.
At Micro Center we demonstrate our commitment to employees through training, career growth and a balance between personal and professional interests. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, an employee discount and an extensive benefits package that includes options available at group rates for both full-time and part-time associates. For a complete benefit overview and to find out more about the company and our retail locations, please visit our web site at www.microcenter.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Non-smoking work environment. Pre-employment criminal background and substance abuse screening.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Identify, diagnose and document hardware failure or software problems on a variety of computer or computer-related equipment (such as printers or LCD-TV’s).
- Recommend components/configurations and assemble customized computer systems.
- Provide complete and accurate information for estimate approval and customer unit repair.
- Complete assigned work orders (diagnostics, upgrades or builds) within established timeframes.
- Understand and utilize technical manuals and support resources.
- Achieve average work order sales and productivity standards.
- Adhere to current policies and procedures.
- Complete all service system transactions accurately.
- Keep up-to-date on retail products, current technologies and service certifications required by ASP partners.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent with COMPTIA A+ certification. One to two years experience in a production-oriented computer service department. Apple Certification is a plus!
Micro Center - 8 months ago
There's nothing small about the way Micro Electronics sets up shop. The company sells computers and consumer electronics through more t...