Installs, configures, maintains and troubleshoots issues with RHEL (Redhat Enterprise Linux 5) and Windows Server systems and relevant software. Performs Tier 3-level issue troubleshooting and resolution. Helps maintain existing documentation. Assists other team members as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • Installation and removal of Unix/Linux/Windows based hardware (i.e. building out systems).
- Systems fault monitoring using fault monitoring tools (Netcool, Icinga)
- Programming using shell scripting/Perl.
- Onsite hardware/software support and assistance to 3rd-party vendors
- Basic backup system monitoring and maintenance.
- Routine maintenance of Unix/Linux/Windows systems.
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Relevant Work Experience: 5-7 years of relevant work experience
Supervise Staff? No
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills Required? Yes
Software • Microsoft Office
Hardware • X86-based systems
Operating Systems • RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Sun SPARC systems
- SAN/NAS/DAS storage
Other Job Specific Skills • Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Windows Server 2k+
- Work with minimal supervision and maintain high productivity
- On-call and shift work
- Work irregular hours if needed
XO Communications - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
XO Communications is a leading broadband communications service provider offering a complete set of communications services, including:...