Skadden offers legal assistants an opportunity for a challenging position in a dynamic atmosphere. Skadden currently employs approximately 250 legal assistants in eight domestic and fifteen foreign offices. Skadden legal assistants come from a variety of employment and academic backgrounds, and are professional, intelligent, and motivated individuals dedicated to supporting each other and contributing to the overall success of the firm. Our goal is for legal assistants to achieve a fulfilling career at Skadden, with opportunities for development and growth. Skadden seeks candidates who are intelligent, dedicated and self-motivated. Candidates must be flexible to work overtime and travel, as necessary. All candidates must have a college degree.
Skadden's Palo Alto Office is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to work in our general litigation practice areas.
- Organize and manage electronic and paper files.
- Ensure that all Litigation files are maintained with department-approved protocols and case
May also be involved in:
- Assist with the preparation and drafting of pleadings and other court papers.
- Prepare hard copy and electronic documents to be filed with the court.
- Perform non-legal research using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER and other court-related websites for case law, statutes, articles, books, etc.
- Assist other legal assistants and attorneys across practice areas with litigation related tasks.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Case Management
- Document Productions
- Depositions and Interviews
- Trial and Hearing Preparation
Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER and other court-related websites, CheckPoint and HeinOnline.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in electronic databases, such as Concordance, Relativity or DocuMatrix.
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools, including the Internet,
relationships with attorneys, clients and support staff.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to facilitate effective working
Education and Experience Required:
- Proactive, analytical and consultative problem-solver and decision-maker.
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive matters.
- Ability to be highly professional and work independently or in a team setting.
- Initiative to assume a high level of responsibility in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments, and shifting responsibilities and deadlines.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Commitment to be flexible with work hours, work overtime and travel as necessary..
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or stalking.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 1 year general Litigation Legal Assistant (Paralegal) experience.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history/expectation to
Monster - 8 months ago
More than just a series of interesting surnames, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom is a firm that knows a thing of two about...