The Laboratory Supervisor supports the operations of the Ameren Missouri laboratory in the role of a supervisor and chemist. Key responsibilities include:
- Report and interpret analytical results, analyze facility problems, provide recommendations, and approve data and technical reports.
- Investigate and solve problems with analytical instruments (including ICP, IC, AA, IR, GC, and HPLC) and methodology.
- Develop analytical methods, procedures, and business processes for the laboratory to ensure accuracy of testing results, efficient and cost-effective utilization of resources, and customer satisfaction.
- Supervise chemistry technicians at the central laboratory and across the other laboratories in Ameren Missouri Power Operations.
- Review and develop training material for training laboratory technicians and others as necessary.
- Consult with customers, including energy centers, on chemisty-related processes.
- Specify and select laboratory equipment and supplies.
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry from an accredited college or university required. Master's Degree in Chemistry from an accredited college or university preferred.
Four or more years of relevant experience in analytical chemistry required. Supervisory or team leadership experience preferred. Experience in the electric utility industry also preferred.
Must be proficient in the use of PC-based applications, including spreadsheets, graphics, word processing, and database software preferred. Good analytical, communication, human relations, and customer service skills required. Must be able to wear a respirator. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver's license. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position.
Ameren provides the power that makes much of the American Midwest run. The holding company distributes electricity to 2.4 million customers...