The role of the Patient Service Representative (PSR) is to provide "Extraordinary Care" to patients and customers through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional services. A successful PSR becomes the patient’s advocate and works to facilitate resolution of patient accounts by working with insurance companies, government agencies and patients in the payment for services that have been provided. In the Billing role, the PSR is also responsible for coordinating patient billing. The PSR has the opportunity to use their valuable skills and resources by responding to questions, researching discrepancies and insurance denials and following Intermountain’s policies and procedures. Completing these duties provides the PSR the opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of many on a daily basis.
- Typing proficiency (At least 30 WPM (words per minute))
- Must have two or more years of customer service experience
- Good communication skills and computer skills
- Medical Terminology
- Experience in admitting, billing, collection, and/or insurance verification
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Versed in CPT/ICD-9 codes
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 24 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...