Supervises, inspects and regulates the daily operations of a number of People's Open Market sites under the jurisdiction of the City and County; monitors selling prices and makes comparative pricing surveys and studies; establishes and maintains good working relationships with vendors and the public; and performs other related duties as required.
Additional Job Information:
At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
***Salary amount may be subject to pay adjustments***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted. Applications must be submitted online by February 28, 2013 , 11:59 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time (HST) to be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
There is one vacancy with the Department of Parks and Recreation, Parks Maintenance and Recreation Services Division. This list may be used for future vacancies in this department.
Some notifications will be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your e-mail account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
- use a valid e-mail account;
- verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
- check your spam folders; and
- add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT :
Equivalent to graduation from high school.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT :
Two years of supervisory, investigative or inspectional experience.
Desirable Experience : Experience in the use of a typewriter, FAX machine, copier, calculator, digital camera and personal computer running Windows software.
License Requirements :
1. Valid Hawaii State driver's license (Type 3) prior to appointment
2. Basic First Aid certificate prior to completion of probation.
Special Requirements : Access to an automobile for transportation to various People's Open Market sites. May be required to serve as a civil defense worker.
The People's Open Market program is a seven day per week operation that is subject to shift work and/or overtime and may require split days off. All incumbents are required to work on Saturdays and may also work on Sundays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION : In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity, and/or recency of your education and experience.
Education and Experience Evaluation....................100%
City and County of Honolulu, HI