Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Electrical
Job Title :
Senior Electrical Engineer
Type of Position:
Salt Lake City
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other appropriate discipline
• Minimum nine years of experience in PLC/DCS, instrumentation and control system design of oil & gas processing facilities, compressor plants, or related industries
• Must be knowledgeable in the preparation of complete quality packages for the engineering, procurement, and construction of instrumentation and control systems for multiple clients within budgets
• Must be able to specify RTU, DCS, and PLC equipment (i.e., Rockwell, Emerson Delta V).
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
Do the best work of your life!
Candidate job duties include:
Job responsibilities will include engineering and design of compressor stations, oil & gas processing facilities, meter stations, and various industrial facilities.
• Work on, possibly leading, multiple and fast paced projects and may have support staff under his/her direction.
• Perform design with schedule and budget in mind.
• Scope projects and create project estimates in the Instrumentation & Control area.
• Work with clients to determine clients' needs and recommend solutions.
• Coordinate execution of projects with other disciplines and the Project Manager.
• Specify instrumentation, including the creation of instrument data sheets and complete specifications. Responsibilities also include the issuance of RFQ packages to Vendors and review and formation of Bid Tabulations.
• Create P&ID's, control logic diagrams, Cause and Effect diagrams, Functional Requirements Documents, and Control Narratives.
• Develop/modify equipment specifications (PLC, DCS, Instruments, Valves, UPS and other various equipment) for equipment with little to no supervision.
• Support field start-up including programming, control and instrument system checkout and troubleshooting as needed.
• Perform design tasks in accordance with accepted engineering practices and standards utilizing both manual and computer based methods.
• Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represent the organization to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 14 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...