ENGINEERING TRANSPORTATION DESIGN MANAGER – Design / Build
Michael Baker Jr. Inc., an engineering unit of Michael Baker Corporation, seeks an Engineering Transportation Design Manager (Technical Manager III) for our Mid-Atlantic, East and Southeast Regions.
The Engineering Transportation Design Manager should be able to direct multi-disciplinary engineering staff of 30 or more with five to eight direct reports. This manager will direct design staffs and coordinate activities with contractors’ schedules for design build (DB) and public private partnership (P3) pursuits and projects in the eastern United States. The Manager will meet scope requirements, while maintaining budgets for design, and recognize the importance of meeting the contractor’s construction budget. The Manager will be responsible and accountable for meeting quality requirements for both the contractor and the project owner. This individual will also lead DB proposals, especially best value selections. The manager will also develop alternate technical concepts (ATC’s), and work with construction team members throughout the DB process.
The Engineering Transportation Design Manager can sit in an existing Baker office located in the eastern United States.
- Candidate will demonstrate experience with all of the above requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of design disciplines including roadway, drainage, structures, utilities, maintenance of traffic, and related specialties is required.
- B.S. Civil Engineering
- Two or more DB projects need to have been completed, one being a major DB project. A major DB project is more than $100M.
- 15 or more years of experience although project experience matters more than total years of experience.
- Strong contractor and owner references are required.
- A strong track record demonstrating below budget and ahead of schedule performance is required. Baker is a seller/doer work environment; therefore the candidate should be equally proficient in delivering existing projects and selling the next project.
- Strong leadership and staff management skills are also required. Baker promotes a team-oriented approach to projects and seeks to maintain a long-term relationship with its employees and clients. No specific technical discipline is required however, the candidate should have strong capabilities in one or more of the key disciplines cited above.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office Suite
- Extensive travel in the eastern United States . Manager will work remotely or work at jobsite with regular/periodic travel home.
Experience with Design Build projects of $200M+
Michael Baker Corporation - 17 months ago