Program Dates: February 2013 - November 30, 2013
Position Summary :
Hiring a limited-term Event Coordinator position that will work with the Octagon Consulting Group located in Huntersville, NC. The candidate will be responsible for activating a customer based program at multiple motorsports events. The Event Coordinator will be required to travel, work weekends and provide operational support for other account projects as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- On-site event operations, production and execution for the Customer Rewards program at motorsports events
- Lead on-site execution of customer base kit distribution at motorsports events
- Manage distribution of at-track assets to customers
- Market and demonstrate the client’s latest products and distribute collateral materials to customers within the at-track environment
- Manage and train temp staff support for the Customer Rewards programs
- Record and report all program results including various complimentary promotions
- Inventory management of satellite storage facilities associated with base and national programs
- Extensive weekend travel (up to 30 weekends) and some holiday work required
- Office work per week (hours TBD based on travel schedule) and attendance at weekly team meeting required
- Manage team travel and credentials
- Manage/distribute weekly flash reports
- Mange weekly status grid
- Track all lead gen activities
- Assist with implementation of special projects associated with base programs, national programs, etc.
Required Qualifications :
Octagon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V.
- Knowledge and understanding of sports and telecommunication marketing techniques
- Prefer a candidate with an interest in or major in Sports Marketing
- At least one previous marketing related internship/position preferred
- Ability to lift boxes/items and stand for up to eight hours at a time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
- Extremely organized with exceptional time-management skills
Octagon - 2 years ago
Octagon is the world’s largest sponsorship consulting practice and a pioneer and leader in athlete and personality representation and...