CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber-optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
Savvis, is a CenturyLink company, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises. Nearly 2,500 unique clients, including more than 30 of the top 100 companies in the Fortune 500, use Savvis to reduce capital expense, improve service levels and harness the latest advances in cloud computing. By outsourcing to Savvis and CenturyLink, enterprises can focus on their core business while we ensure the quality of their IT infrastructure automation.
The Sales Engineer is the technical lead on the account team, responsible for technical and business requirements discovery, telecommunications and CPE solution design/engineering/consulting, proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers for Qwest’s full suite of products and solutions.
- Performs customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions
- Creatively designs solutions for customers using the best mix of Qwest and vendor-partner products. Alters the design as needed to result in the customer choosing the Qwest solution
- Documents, via diagrams and writing, and presents the solution to the customer, describes the benefits of the solution
- Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales
- Responsible for growing strategic product sales and revenue through proactive engagement with customers
- Participates in strategic and tactical account planning
- Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with customers
- Clearly communicates the customer design to the teams responsible for ordering, implementation and ongoing support
- Provides technical training and development support to the local branch
- Leads internal cross-functional teams to obtain required approvals of non-standard designs for customers
A good candidate has a strong technical background in layers 1 through 3 of the OSI model and knowledge of the characteristics of various applications that ride over data networks (i.e. the performance requirements of packetized voice and video and of various data applications), has a desire to sell and is comfortable looking for opportunities once introduced to a customer. Prior experience as a Sales Engineer isn’t required; but rather the skills and knowledge needed to be effective. Specifically:
Customer premises communication (data, video, voice) equipment from major vendors
- Business and technical requirements discovery; ability to craft a solution based on those requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Technical knowledge:
IP routing and switching
Internet and MPLS-VPN architecture
Voice and VoIP technologies and products
TDM, SONET and Ethernet technologies and products
Data center infrastructure and networking
Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field and/or 6-10 years of equivalent experience in sales engineering, systems engineering (networking services, telephony, IP networking equipment), and/or sales
Strong knowledge of internetworking designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks, IP Telephony, Security, network diversity applications and other technical skills documented above
Consultative selling and customer questioning techniques in order identify new opportunities, sell within in existing accounts and maintain the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and sales team
Industry leading certifications preferred (Cisco, Juniper and others)
Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Strong project management skills
Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects and associated deliverables. Time management skills are a critical requirement
Valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 13 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...