The Director, Audit and Advisory Services has overall leadership responsibility related to the comprehensive audit and advisory program for Highmark's Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) business.
Audit Services: Responsible for overall strategic development and execution of a comprehensive internal audit program, for financial, operational, and compliance audits, impacting all the entities within the IDN;
Responsible for exercising professional judgment in assessing audit risk; resolving conflicts; proposing recommendations on improvements and practical alternative solutions; determining proper accountability of assets; approving and communicating results; and approving draft reports, including proposed audit opinion.
Advisory Services: Leads the team to help customers throughout the Highmark family of companies to address strategic, operational financial and compliance risks through consulting engagements focused on project implementations, process re-engineering initiatives, problem remediation and new business ventures.
The incumbent is responsible to oversee and execute audit and advisory services to customers through a coordinated and sustainable strategy that integrates project governance, risk management, control design/implementation, and assurance/compliance activities.
Responsible for leading the Audit & Assurance Services organization by attracting, developing and rewarding high performing talent
As a member of the Audit & Compliance senior management team, the Director, Audit & Advisory Services will participate in formulating overall strategic direction of the organization
- Provide leadership and participate with business owners on solution driven process improvements
- Consistently deliver quality client services.
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Identify risks to successful completion and execute strategies to ensure that milestones are achieved while adhering to strict deadlines
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to internal clients.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex financial processes and/or complex information systems at Highmark and subsidiaries
- Manage the link between the corporate risk assessment process and prioritization of collaboration projects to focus efforts on those with highest impact to our financial performance and economic capital
- Manage and oversee triage process for potential Audit & Compliance department projects and audits. This includes determining the purpose and scope of potential services and justifying the priority or value of these services.
- Develop and execute risk-based audit program across the IDN hospitals, providers, businesses and affiliates.
- Lead team in recommending audit opinions and conclusions
- Lead team in recommending practical solutions and corrective actions, that are compliant and adhere to regulatory requirements
- Provide best practices on how to efficiently and effectively audit in an IDN environment.
- Model Audit Rule (MAR)
- Develop, approve and deliver reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of Highmark Inc.
- Lead and direct all phases of the assigned projects
- Identify roadblocks to successful implementation and execute strategies to ensure that project milestones are achieved while adhering to strict deadlines
- Execute projects on time and in accordance with the budget in an effective and efficient manner
- Communicate effectively on status and completion of deliverables.
- Contribute to positive business results by maintaining a workplace characterized by high performance, mutual support and respect.
- Demonstrate behavior to continually improve results by maintaining a positive working environment, which encourages managers and other team members to make meaningful contributions to the success of the department's efforts.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with management and senior management representatives in all functional areas. It is critical that the incumbent is able to influence personnel at various levels and Highmark and its subsidiaries and affiliates without a direct reporting relationship.
Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Experience, Licenses/Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, accounting, finance,
- Eight (8) years of progressive auditing and/or accounting experience (which includes a minimum of 4 years hospital/health care facility auditing experience)
- Eight (8) years of leadership, teamwork and client service experience
- Eight (8) years of experience in project management
- Eight (8) years of experience in written communication and presentation skills
- CPA certification
- Master's degree
- CISM, CBCP, CIA, CFE or ARM certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership skills -- ability to influence and motivate others to quickly achieve results.
- High energy and passion for excellence.
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present complex topics in a concise manner to small and large groups.
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to create scenario plans.
- Successful experience in achieving results through people in a complex environment
- Experience in motivating people to meet strict project and reporting deadlines
- The incumbent must possess strong management and analytical skills in addition to project management skills.
- Knowledge of Highmark and its subsidiaries and affiliates, the flow of information and the on-going company strategy.
- Broad working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, statutory accounting principles, government accounting regulations and BCBSA regulations
- Incumbent must be able to focus on details, but with overall business understanding and perspective.
- The incumbent must be able to provide sound project direction, interact effectively with Senior Management and others within the corporation, and facilitate risk assessments, and present findings, status and recommendations in a professional manner to various audiences.
- As the initiatives for which the incumbent will retain responsibility are of critical importance to Highmark, the incumbent must be able to approach situations in a methodological manner while managing multiple resources (inside and outside of Finance) and multiple tasks. In addition, the incumbent must be flexible and able to handle aggressive deadlines along with evolving priorities and keep Audit & Compliance Leadership informed of status and progress.
Gateway Health Plan
- 2 years ago - save job