The Manager, Vendor Relations is responsible for managing the relationship cycle with ACT stakeholders and technical vendors. This position requires effective communication skills to serve as a liaison between internal cross-functional areas, ACT Legal resources and technical vendors. The Manager, Vendor Relations will be required to develop, review, and manage the following IT-related documents: Contracts, License documentation and Agreements; RFPs, RFIs and RFQs; Proposals and Statements of Work; Corporate Policies and Procedures .
Typical work-related activities include:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional ACT team members and ACT’s technical vendors to plan and execute the technical components of corporate projects.
- Ensure the VMO appropriately supports ACT’s policies, procedures, and initiatives.
- Develop corporate IT sourcing plans and strategies to ensure that services are delivered and executed in a responsive and responsible manner.
- Serve as a corporate resource regarding sourcing relevant products and services. Maintain a detailed understanding of the corporate requirements, IT environments, projects, and overall goals and objectives.
- Maintain a current knowledge of available and emerging products and services pertinent to the corporation.
- Critically review IT sourcing requests and approve, deny, or recommend alternatives based on factors such as justifications, corporate standards, technology trends, cost/benefit analysis, and an understanding of corporate priorities.
- Understand, implement, and effectively use corporate technology tools, including ACT’s Oracle based systems Microsoft Office products.
- Participate or lead the negotiations of new and existing agreements with technical vendors.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 7 years of sourcing and/or vendor management experience, with 3 years in technology; and 3 years of contract review, negotiation and/or management. Requires experience in IT-related sourcing and vendor management and negotiation; familiarity with current IT-related vendor management best practices; understanding of financial reporting; exceptional prioritization and project management skills with a strong attention to detail, strong leadership and people management skills, ability to achieve results through influence and persuasion, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated competence in: IT-related sourcing and vendor management; Legal documents including licensing, service contracts and other agreements; Extensive knowledge of corporate computer technology.
AVP Technical Vendor Management Office
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Completion of the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is recommended. Find a test site near you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in people and ideas. ACT participates in E-Verify . ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.
ACT - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard