Sales Analytics Lead Application Tester
The Analytics Application is a Teradata backend with a Java based front end. This position is responsible for full testing of application enhancements to desktop and mobile versions before release to the user community.
The application has only one tester so this person has full ownership of the testing including creating test approach, test cases, testing and approval for the release based on screen designs provided by the Application Designer.
We do not use any automated testing tools.
At least half of the testing is validating the data shown in the applicaiton against external sources or BO reports. In addition, the tester is responsible for validating and troubleshooting tier 3 support issues reported, and providing information to the developer to assist in resolution.
The application tester will report to the Development Manager. This is a long term contract to perm position. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small Agile development team on a world class analytics application.
The successful candidate will be very sharp and able to learn quickly. On this small team everyone will be expected to serve in a variety of roles.
The successful candidate may be strong in either SQL or Java based testing, or ideally both.
Skill Experience Need
- 2+ years as a lead (or sole) application or system tester, including writing test plans and test cases.
- Some SQL query experience, preferably in a data warehousing environment
- Experience testing a web based analytics application (including some mobile would be preferred)
- Very Organized
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Able to learn quickly and independently
- Able to work with little direction and self motivated.
- Exceptional English speaking and writing skills (the candidate must be able to be clearly understood over the phone)
1) Test Plans/cases Expert Required
2) SQL Intermediate Required
3) Testing of Web and Mobile Applications Intermediate Required
4) Application Testing Expert Required
5) Data Validation Intermediate Required
6) Business Objects Reporting Intermediate Desired
Comrise - 2 years ago